Even in Summer our weather is very unpredictable! So dressing for every occasion is very important. In addition to the chance of a torrential downpour on a sunny day passengers need to be aware that it can feel up to 10 degrees colder on the water than on the shore. We recommend warm layers and a full set of waterproofs just in case.
Our recommendations on what to bring and not to bring is below
* Warm layers
* Waterproofs (We have a couple of spare coats just in case)
* Warm socks and sensible footwear. (No high heels)
* A camera or camera phone with plenty memory and fully charged!
* Binoculars if you have them. (Available on board if you don’t have your own)
* Sun glasses and sun cream! Yes Sun cream! Even if you stay under the shade of the roof you'll catch the sun because water reflects UVs!
*You may want to bring a non-alcoholic drink, especially for the longer trips.
What not to bring:
* Lots of baggage, please bring only what you need for the trip.
*Alcohol (Alcohol and boats are not a safe combination)
* Your pets! (If you need a pet sitter, Donna can care for well behaved dogs in the Centre)
SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED ON THE BOATS